Local Wichita Business Spotlight: Uniquities Home
Located in the heart of Old Town Wichita, Uniquities Home is the place to go when shopping for one-of-a-kind items. This eclectic store goes to great lengths to acquire unique items that you will not find anywhere else. Uniquities Home sells a wide variety of home decor pieces, including furniture, as well as some amazing gift items. Every which way you turn, you will find carefully, curated vignettes and breathtaking displays. Visiting Uniquities Home is an inspirational and delightful shopping experience. They specialize in repurposing old things and turning them into beautiful items that will make the perfect addition to any home's decor. We recently visited with Robyn Wells, owner of Uniquities Home, to find out more about this special Wichita business.
1. Business Name? Uniquities Home
2. How many years have you been in business? Five Years
3. What is your business’s mission statement? We specialize in all things unique!
4. What inspired you to start your business? My last child was going away to college and I needed something to occupy my time. I have always had a passion for decorating and shopping for unique pieces for our home. My husband had told me that I did such a great job decorating our home, that I should have a business that offers others the same unique style.
5. How did you know that Wichita was the perfect city to open your business in?
I knew because Wichita is super charming… I wouldn't want to do it anywhere but here.
6. What is your favorite thing about owning and running a business in Wichita?
I love the fact that our store is like no other here in Wichita. Our customers recognize and love that!
7. How do you feel your business has impacted our community?
I love that our customers appreciate that so much of what we have in our store is one of a kind and can not be found anywhere else. We help our clientele express their individual styles.
8. What is the most heartfelt compliment that a customer has given you and your business? Hearing customers outside our front doors, when we are not open, saying ,“Oh my gosh, that is a great store… we have to come back!”
9. What is the most amusing or funny experience you have had happen to your business or while you were operating your business? Most of the funny mishaps we have experienced have taken place while traveling with my friend and employee, Ursula. We have found ourselves in several amusing situations that have all happened while driving a truck full of treasures.
10. How much do you treasure your employees and the people you work with? I am fortunate to have the most amazing employees in the world! I really do appreciate their creativity and how devoted they are to the business.
11. What is the most satisfying aspect of being a business owner?
I love helping my customers discover and find unique things they will treasure for a long time, and their friends will admire!
Location: 141 N Rock Island St., Wichita, KS. 67202
Phone: (316) 831-1818
Matterport Tour of Uniquities: http://bit.ly/UniquitiesFall
We love to feature other local businesses in our community, but we are also proud of our own! Please contact Tobie Andrews Real Estate Media for all of your residential and commercial photography needs. Photos, video, and drone. Let us help you! tobieandrewsre.com