Front Porch Conversation: Featuring Morgan Overman
It is always refreshing to break down professional barriers and find out more about individuals in our real estate community. We recently visited one of our industry experts, Morgan Overman, with ReeceNichols South Central Kansas, at her gorgeous home. Here is what we learned about Morgan...
Morgan Overman is a Wichita native and feels fortunate to call Wichita her home. Morgan attended Wichita Collegiate School and remains active there as an alumni and parent.
Morgan attended the University of Kansas, and graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Business, with an emphasis in French and International Business. After graduation Morgan worked in marketing and advertising but she had always had an interest in the Real Estate industry. A family friend, Cindy Carnahan, encouraged Morgan to pursue a career in Real Estate, which is something she is grateful for each day.
Morgan loves the challenge of the Real Estate process and is thrilled to work in an environment that is full of energy and change.
Morgan and her husband, Logan, met in grade school and attended college together before they married. They have two beautiful, funny and inspiring children: Langley and Torsten.
An enthusiastic, detail oriented person, Morgan loves the career path she has chosen. Her knowledge of Wichita has definitely been beneficial and adds to her expertise of being a realtor for our local community.
Wichita Collegiate High School, Wichita, KS University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS
Bachelor of Science, Business
Emphasis: French, International Business
DESIGNATIONS & ACHIEVEMENTS
• National Association of Realtors® (NAR), Member
• Kansas Association of Realtors® (KAR), Member
• Realtors® of South Central Kansas (RSCK), Member
• Multi-Million Dollar Producer, RSCK
• Master's Circle Designation, RSCK
• Top Residential Sales Team Member, J.P. Weigand & Sons, Inc.
• Mark Arts Board Member
• Giving the Basics, Board Member
• Victory in the Valley
• Alzheimer's Association
• Wichita Collegiate School
• Wichita Children's Theatre
• Wichita Cancer Foundation
• Botanica Wichita
• Flowers on Douglas
• The Orpheum Theatre
• Ubuntu Life: nonprofit business that uses the power of global commerce to create social impact for mothers and children in Kenya.
• Hidden Hearts Foundation: focuses on health and education of children who live in the extremely poor conditions of Tanzania.
1. Name? Morgan Overman
2. Where are you from? Born and raised in Wichita KS!
3. Current Company and Position? Realtor with ReeceNichols South Central Kansas
4. First Job? Local TV ad sales for the NBC affiliate in Austin TX.
5. What that first job taught me? How to handle difficult, high pressure time sensitive situations.
6. Best advice ever given? To be a good, active listener and always listen before speaking.
7. Last book you read? "The Interestings" by Meg Wolitzer
8. Hobbies? I love to run outside with my lab Tucker, cook with my 13 year old daughter and play cards with my 10 year old son.
9. Favorite restaurant? Beet Salad at Georges and the Salmon Salad at Newport.
10. The person who has most impacted your life? My husband of 15 years, Logan.
11. Biggest personal achievement? Raising two wonderful kiddos, and watching them grow and flourish.
12. Biggest professional achievement? Jumping headfirst into this career five years ago, and never looking back.
13. Favorite coffee place? Il Primo, don't miss their breakfast burrito.
14. Where can you be found when you're not working? Running through Lakepoint.
15. I love......vacationing with my family, especially at the beach.
16. Last thing you watched on Netflix, Hulu, etc.? 'Floor is Lava', our current family favorite.
17. Honest work hours (do you keep it reasonable or do you work all hours?) A realtor never has time off, but I enjoy the ability to drop my kids off at school everyday.
18. I can't STAND......freezing cold weather.
19. Do you have pets? Yes, Diggs is my 10 year old Goldendoodle and Tucker is my 2 year old black lab.
20. Favorite travel destination? Love to travel, especially warm weather destinations. We love Cabo!
21. Favorite drink or cocktail? Texas Ranch Water: Good tequila, Topo Chico, fresh lime, and salted rim. Delicious!
22. Do you prefer stripes, solids, polka dots, or floral prints? I love to wear color and have fun with my wardrobe. Big colorful earrings are my go-to accessory.
23. Favorite weekend activity? Spending time with my kids and hubby - Sunday morning breakfast at home.
24. If you could instantly become an expert at something, then what would it be? I want to learn to speak Spanish - I mastered French in college and I'm ready for a challenge of a new language.
25. When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? A psychiatrist. Real estate actually plays well into that, as there are many emotional situations you deal with as a realtor.
26. What or who lights you up? I love kids (mine in particular, but also other people's!). One of my favorite parts of being a realtor is meeting new people, seeing their family dynamic and getting to know them.
ReeceNichols South Central Kansas
Please contact Tobie Andrews Real Estate Media for all of your residential and commercial photography needs. Photos, video, and drone. Let us help you! tobieandrewsre.com